8 chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
500ml bottle Sunshine Juice from IOW Tomatoes,
tomato juice or two tbsp tomato puree with 400ml water
1tbs Dijon mustard
3 cloves of garlic – crushed
Salt & pepper
Branches of rosemary
Fire pit temperature: medium/hot
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and then add the chicken pieces mixing well to ensure they are well covered.
- Leave to marinate for as long as possible (ideally 24 hours but a couple hours will do).
- When the flames on the fire pit have died down and the embers are hot, grill the chicken, turning regularly until the meat is coming away from the bone.
- While the chicken is cooking, reduce the marinade in a pan until thick.
- If you have rosemary in your garden, lay a few branches around the chicken towards the end of cooking for an extra smoky fragrance.
- Serve with the sauce on the side, fire pit sautéed potatoes and homemade coleslaw.