From Foolproof BBQ by Genevieve TaylorServes 66 thick slices ciabatta2 tbsp olive oil200g (7oz) raw peeled prawns (shrimp)25g (41/2oz) dried chorizo,cut into 5mm (1/4in) discsSea salt and freshly ground black pepperTo serve:A handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped 1 lemon, quarteredYou will also need 6 metal skewers.
Fire pit temperature: medium/hot no flamesThe spicy oil from the chorizo soaks into the bread so it grills up to be deliciously crisp and tasty. Keep the bread cubes fairly generous so they will be less likely to fall off the skewers.
- Cut the bread into cubes a similar size to the diameter of the chorizo and put in a bowl.
- Drizzle in the olive oil. Add the prawns (shrimp) and the chorizo and a good grind of salt and pepper then toss to mix.
- Thread onto skewers, alternating between bread, prawns and chorizo.
- Lay the skewers directly over the fire and cook them for
- 3–5 minutes, turning regularly, until the prawns are pink and cooked through and the bread is crisp. If the bread is catching too quickly, move the skewers slightly further away from the fire to cook more gently.
- To serve, scatter over the parsley and squeeze over the lemon. Eat while hot.