Our cookware and other accessories are all given a protective coating for transporting and before using them you will need to follow these simple steps:
How to season your cookware before use:
- Firstly heat the item to medium hot temperature – either over the fire pit or in the oven.
- Wash the item well in warm soapy water.
- Dry it thoroughly and rub over a small amount of oil – any cooking oil will do.
- Heat the item again to a hotter temperature (don’t worry about a bit of smoke) and rub over oil again.
- Repeat this a few times until you have a nice black even coating.
- Wash the item well and dry thoroughly (with heat means that any excess moisture will be removed).
- Rub over some cooking oil before putting away.
- If any rust develops, scrub this off with a wire brush and repeat the seasoning process above.