Our cookware and other accessories are all given a protective coating and before using them, we advise using Seasoning Flax Oil by following these simple steps:
How to season your cookware before use:
- Firstly heat the item to medium hot temperature – either over the fire pit or in the oven.
- Wash the item well in warm soapy water.
- Dry it thoroughly and rub over a small amount of flax oil
- Heat the item again to a hotter temperature (don’t worry about a bit of smoke) and rub over oil again.
- Repeat this a few times until you have a nice black even coating.
- Wash the item well and dry thoroughly (with heat means that any excess moisture will be removed).
- Rub over some cooking oil before putting away.
- If any rust develops, scrub this off with a wire brush and repeat the seasoning process above.
100% pure linseed oil grown and cold pressed by Flax Farm, West Sussex UK
Maintaining your fire pit
NB: All our fire pits, lids and accessories will begin to rust immediately and will not maintain their black finish. However, this will not affect their long term durability. As all our fire pits are handmade from sheet steel which has naturally occurring blemishes, there may be very slight variations in the forging and finish. Please click here for handy tips on the safe use and care of your fire pit and accessories.